All international aid organizations have left the embattled Afghan city of Kunduz

All international aid organizations have left the embattled Afghan city of Kunduz


Afghan city of Kunduz is left by all international aid organizations and the reason is to continue heavy aggressiveness and the unintentional terror campaign of a hospital there, the United Nations said on October 6.

“There are presently no humanitarian agencies left inside Kunduz city,” said Jens Laerke, spokesman for the UN humanitarian agency. “Two UN entities, four national [nongovernmental organizations], and 10 international NGOs have been temporarily relocated due to the ongoing conflict and unstable and fluid security situation in Kunduz.”

The departure of aid groups comes into action when Taliban attacked police headquarters and other government buildings sudden, right after some days when government appealed control over the city.

Few of the Taliban fighters have strapped their way near to the city focus for brief but brutal gunbattles with safety forces already receding, in what inhabitants described as hit-and-run attacks.

The situation goes even worse after an accidental air strike by the U.S. military on a Doctors Without Limitations (MSF) hospital previous week encouraged the group to leave Kunduz.

The UN’s Laerke said the MSF hospital had been “the only facility of its kind in the entire northeastern region of the country, serving some 300,000 people in Kunduz alone.”

Now, he said, “the international aid agencies have been forced out of the city for the time being, so there is essentially no proper health care, no proper trauma care for those left inside the city.”

Afghanistan’s Ministry of Public Health said the destruction of the hospital has jeopardized “vital health, medical, and surgical work of international and local health personnel” working throughout Afghanistan.

In Kunduz, water gas and electricity reportedly remained cut off across the city, and most of the food markets and market place are closed.

Food takers are not allowed to enter in Kunduz since the September 28 Taliban assault, said Aslim Sayas, a deputy head of the Afghan disaster management agency.

“Staff no longer feel safe in any health facility anywhere in the country. And some international health organizations are questioning whether the risks of staying in the country are just too high after such an attack.”