The death toll from the stampede of last month has grown to at least 1,633, according to tallies given by foreign officials, making it the most deadly event in the history of the pilgrimage. As many are confirmed dead so far in the disaster.
Another 19 pilgrims are said to be missing while two are under treatment in a hospital in Saudi Arab.
Based on a Religious Affairs ministry upgrade, around 56 pilgrims are laid to rest in Saudi Arabia. Saudi authorities have also not supplied a breakdown by nationality. Saudi officials previously have said although an investigation to what causes the disaster is continuing, their tally stays exact.
Health authorities in the kingdom formerly said though no new cost was released by authorities since September 26, civil defence officials would be offering any new casualty figures. But many foreign authorities have supplied amounts on pilgrims killed from their states as well as the tally reveals the death toll has overtaken the 1,426 pilgrims who died in the Hajj’s worst preceding episode — a tunnel stampede in July 1990.Authorities have said the catastrophe in Mina occurred as two waves of pilgrims converged on a narrow road, causing hundreds of individuals to suffocate or be trampled to death. In preceding years, more than three million pilgrims have been attracted by the Hajj with no major events and Saudi Arabia has spent billions to get ready for the pilgrimage recently. Stampede and the crush was the next calamity to hit at Saudi Arabia around the Hajj this year. On September 11, a building crane crashed into the Grand Mosque in Makkah, killing at least 111 individuals.