Dozens of men and women remain in intensive care following Tuesday’s suicide bomb attacks in Brussels that left 31 people dead, Belgium’s health minister says.
Maggie de Block said that of about 300 individuals that are wounded, 61 were in a critical state, and implied the death toll could climb further.
Earlier, prosecutors affirmed they had identified two of the four attackers as brothers Khalid and Brahim el-Bakraoui.
Two other attackers have not yet been named.
Brahim el-Bakraoui blew up himself while Khalid struck at Maelbeek metro, in the attack at Zaventem airport that killed 11 people, where 20 people died, prosecutors said.
Unconfirmed reports say another of the attackers was the desired jihadist Najim Laachraoui, who’s believed to have links with the attacks of last year in Paris.
EU interior and justice ministers are expected to hold a crisis meeting in Brussels to discuss their response to the bombings.