Cross border shelling from Yemen has killed three children in Saudi Arabia and nine other individuals were wounded, local media reported. In among the attacks, two Saudi girls were killed and five of their family members wounded when a rocket hit their dwelling in the boundary area of Najran, the kingdom’s SPA news agency said. In the same region, an 11-year-old boy was killed and his mother wounded in similar shelling, civil defence authorities were cited by SPA as saying in a statement that was separate.
A third attack in the region of Jazan wounded among them, two women and a Saudi child Ethiopian, another statement said. All the attacks took place yesterday. Cross border assaults from Yemen have intensified since the suspension in early August of UN -brokered peace talks between the Shiite Huthi rebels and their allies, and Yemen’s globally-recognised government, which has the military support of a Saudi-led coalition that is Arab.
From Yemen, a rocket fired on Saturday killed a three-year old boy in Najran, where shelling attacked a power station a day before. Since peace talks collapsed the Arab coalition has also stepped up its air raids in Yemen. The coalition intervened in March last year to support President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi after the Huthis and their allies seized much of Yemen.