An Australian guy has taken himself to the hospital after a venomous redback spider bit him on the male sex organ.
The tradesman was using a portable toilet on a Sydney building site on Wednesday when he was bitten.
A spokesperson for St George Hospital confirmed that a 21-year-old man was treated for a redback bite.
The redback spider linked to the black widow spider, is differentiated by an extended red stripe on its abdomen.
The spider’s bite causes nausea, sweating and severe pain.
He was later discharged from hospital in a secure condition.
Although there are recorded cases of deaths from redback bites, none have happened since the growth of antivenom in 1956.