Russia will continue air strikes in Syria despite the drawback of the majority of its own forces, a senior official has said. Deputy Defence Minister Nikolay Pankov said it had been not too late to speak of conquering terrorism, following a campaign which has strengthened the authorities in Syria. Russian forces began leaving at Syria on Tuesday after Monday’s surprise statement by President Vladimir Putin. Some have landed in Russia.
Another day of peace talks has been held aimed at concluding the disagreement.UN Special Envoy Staffan de Mistura, who is mediating in the discussions, welcomed the Russian selection.”The statement by President Putin on the day of the start of the round of Intra-Syrian Talks in Geneva is an important development, which we expect can have a favorable effect on the improvement of the discussions,” he said.