At least 137 people fell ill after they consumed milk that was poisonous from a shop at Muradabad on Sunday.
As part of its inauguration the shop owner gave out free milk-soda bottles to customers. Authorities said after drinking the milk 137 individuals including 80 children were hurried to the Allied Hospital and General Hospital.
The store owner and pop factory owner have already been arrested and the soda factory sealed, DCO Salman Ghani said.
Samples of soda and the milk have been sent to the laboratory for tests, he added.
At least 67 patients are still admitted at the hospital while others have been discharged.
Last week, more than 20 people died of have sweets that were poisonous at Layyah. The sweets were distributed at a neighbourhood to celebrate the arrival of a baby.